BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Life is meaningful when you have a reason to live...

With friends and foe, you live life with wisdom and love. As Albert Einstein once said :


"There are only two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I missed them... the time with them... and their presence....




Have you ever asked yourself, among the multitude of friends who we have around us, how do you classify them.. or how do you accept them? 

I have asked this question to myself so many times that till today I don’t even have 1 specific answer for it.  Friendship comes in many form and shapes.   At times I imagine it as it’s like water because it takes up the shape in any form of container where it is poured in.  Same way about friendship takes different sizes and shapes according to our heart.

I look at my ex-colleagues’ photos and I smiled at each photo.  So much memories… and gosh so sad that I don’t meet them anymore.  Friendship brings pleasure and that’s why when I missed them… I browsed at their photos and recall our good old times together and even can't forget the sorrow that I may have for the day.  We share pleasant times together during our teambuilding events, attending in-house seminars together, and of course our department's makan.


During our teambuilding, everyone set themselves to the same focus of the program and i.e. to 'team up and succeed with the group strategy to win'.  During our fall in the program we motivated each other and picked each other up to face the obstacles, the games that were the challenges of the day.  We cheered, we laughed at comical incidences of how some scrambled on top of each other to win the games.





This clay vase that I bought from Tekam Pahang during our teambuilding records such sweet memories....  Yes, sadly to note that there is a crack on the vase.  Sigh... yes some one accidentally bumped at the table where the vase was.... and CRACKkkk..  Look at the names and the messages on it....







Friendship sees no boundaries.  How do we recognize friendship?  Mutual values that we share... and of course trustworthy during our companionship. Trusted true friends never let you stand alone in worst of times.  You have them as the walls when you need to lean for a moment when you feel you are sliding down.

I am glad that I have friends who never expect anything in return in the name of Friendship.  These friends have saved my life when I was depressed and needed someone to talk to.

In order to attract good friends, you have to be a good friend.  And I think you learn to be a good friend as soon as you are old enough to maintain and sustain lasting relationships. 
 

You don't become a good friend by accident.  And it's impossible to sustain good friendships accidentally.   A friendship is a living/breathing entity that must be loved, nurtured and fed.  The friendship recipe is a blend of different ingredients all rolled into one.

If I were to be asked what Friendship is all about, these would be the chore elements that I am looking for:

… compassion, commitment, forgiveness, honesty, humor, love, loyalty, patience, respect, trust and a dash or two of fun & wit to spice things up…

Making friends is not easy nowadays.  I find it incredibly tough to make new friends.  Don’t get me wrong as I am a sociable person and have no difficulties to get along with anyone, let it be of any age, any race or profession.  I can mix well in any sociable events with no fear. 

The last fantastic group of my friends have left for better prospects in other organizations.  We bite bullets together in bad times and became ‘survival floats’ when we sank in misery.  I would say we are always in the same boat during our time to deliver and perform to our superiors in the office and God blessed us all, we succeeded.  It was like a huge support system made up of humans, not called ‘staff’ but described as ‘team mates’ that has made our bosses proud of the month-ends KRAs.

I find certain characteristics in my friends that I truly treasure.  We may not be sisters at birth but the understanding and the sincerity when we accept each other, truly makes me feel like sisters or in other words, ‘ a family member ‘.  They are family like the friends I choose. 

For all my beautiful friends, please do know that each and every one of you stays a special spot in my heart.  I may not be there whenever all of you set your reunion dinners or hi-tea but my sincere wishes that good health, earnest wealth stays with you forever.  This poem is dedicated to all my friends and they know who they are when they read this….  It was how sincere they treated me when I was down in bad times….



When you're down,
and the world seems dark and empty,
your forever friends lifts you up in spirit
and make that dark and empty world
suddenly seem bright and full.
Your forever friend gets you through
the hard times, the sad times,
and the confused times.
If you turn and walk across,
your forever friend follows.
If you lose your way,
your forever friend holds your hand
and tells you that
everything is going to be okay.
And if you find such a friend,
you will feel happy and complete,
because you need not worry.
You have a forever friend for life,
and forever has no end.
~ Laurieann Kelly ~

So my lovely blog friends, value the friends you have as time takes you.  It’s as precious as a gemstone… treasure it well.

Author... just me...

0 comments: