BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Life is meaningful when you have a reason to live...

With friends and foe, you live life with wisdom and love. As Albert Einstein once said :


"There are only two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Monday, October 17, 2011

Forest waterfalls @ Picnic Spot at Kemensah Heights

As I live just 20 minutes away from Kemensah Heights, this weekend I took my officemates and their children to have an exploration of this forest waterfall. They are living in Setapak (just like me) and Gombak (which is 30 mins away) and yet they are not aware that this place exists. Dressed to raid the forest, me in my trekking pants, had my husband drove me there to wait for the group just outside the Zoo.

You need not travel should you wish to have an adventure of the forest.  Many of us are not aware that in the midst of our bustling city of Kuala Lumpur, there is a perfect spot for escapade for a moment of relaxation where nature still stands still.  There is still green in KL and there is still clear stream flowing just a drive away from our homes.

If you know where is our National Zoo (Zoo Negara) then you will surely know how to get here, a place call Kemensah Heights, Hulu Klang, Selangor.  Some call it Zooview where lives some of our ministers who reside in huge bungalows, built on big acre of lands on the hill slopes. 




Was feeling a bit cheeky while waiting for Siti and Aneesa, so took some shots just for the album, feeling like a kid again actually. 



Driving through Kampung Kemensah, it feels like that I am leaving the city to hear the forest sounds, sounds of the trailing stream, and above all, leaving behind a bag of stress (mental + physique stress).  The sight of this shaded jungle, shallow waterfall pools and hanging ferns from the slopes of the hill will surely take anyone's breath away.
Bungalow at Kampung Kemensah

Reaching Kemensah Heights at about 11.15 am, I left Aneesa and Siti with their families at Kak Elly's chalets as the kids were very excited to have a dip in the pool.  Kak Elly's chalets are named Warisan Rimba Chalets.  Reason was because I had to do a survey on a camping site for a group of 100 students and this camp site called KEM ISI RIMBA will be the best place to have motivational activities for these students.

Let's take a tour to this retreat camp....

Clear message from the management
 
Everywhere, every path greets you GREEN

My colleagues, Hana and Muz who arrived earlier had a grand tour of KEM ISI RIMBA and was truly surprised that right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, there this beautiful campsite

Thumbs up for this place!  I am on my way to see the owner of this place, Abang Lan


Paint ball gears
Other activities offered also include the Horseback Riding

A place for chit chat, airy and relax


Twitty Bird might wanna try his short holiday here

I was surprised to see this guest dropping in for a stay
Posters with well defined messages (take time to read it please)
I read it well and yes Boss, I got the message!

Toilet with the theme 'back to nature' but no worries please as it is clean inside, no maggots, no lizards...
An assigned airy unit for solat


The stream is everywhere


Some students from Kem Semangat with their teambuilding games
Safe water play for kids, toddlers and adults too (for those who can't swim)

A refreshing place to dip and picnic


This is Abang Lan, the owner of this 20 acre land

This tent can accommodate at least 5 persons

This pose is to confirm that you can easily change inside

Waterproof? Yes and No (yet to experience)  My friend Johan is trying to figure out how many can fit in.

Paint Ball Site
 

What we need in this game is working in a TEAM

A suite - for an accommodation of at least 15 persons
Believe it or not, this place has Karaoke!




Now need to go back to Kak Elly's chalets as I have left Aneesa and Siti with their kids.  Got overboard while at KEM ISI RIMBA as  I think I spent about an hour there, but not forgetting that I had to be with my colleagues too at the pool.

The kids were having a good time indeed as they showed me their white palms all white, "Aunty Mas, come and join in..!" I wish I could join in the dip but then hate to change and dry my hair...hehehe.


A clear picture of ecstasy.  For adults you may wish to have your 'test of endurance' here.  You think it's easy, try being a goal keeper here with the kids...
Spacious enough to hold a BBQ.  Kak Elly also caters for lunch so no worries should hunger strikes here.

I wish I have sisters like Aneesa and Hasnah as they cluster each other whereever they go. 

Aneesa and sister,Hasnah... may love and care stays between both of you forever...

Daughter and mom, they are just like best friends...


Waters not so clear, so it's a 2nd choice to have a swim.  If weather is not so good, i.e. if it drizzles or pours, please avoid swimming in the stream as tide might be high and water level is deep, dangerous....

Just have a look at this beautiful sight... Wish that is my house and the pool is mine too...

You will have a tough time asking them to come out!

Clear waters from the hills.  No fallen leaves.


Better have enough food for the kids as they get hungry very fast in between their swim.

No, they are not couples... just colleagues. 


With Aneesa Banu

Siti Zairani and Hana

At Kak Elly's chalets, they even provide the mattress and pillow

Siti trying to be the referee of 2 wrestlers
A beautiful sight from the verandah.  Serenity is here indeed.... 




Getting to Kemensah Heights, Hulu Klang needs no hassle.  It only needs some time out from your busy schedule and some good friends to be with.  Where water flows quietly and where you can hear soft ruffling of the leaves, be kind to yourself and enjoy this escapade. 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice place to have hpliday and relax.